Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Singapore #018 - The Sushi Bar

Often I passed by this sushi shop after getting my nails done at Daisy Shop in Far East Plaza.
At night, it always has very long queue. Today, I had to wait 1 hour to get my nail fixed at Daisy Shop.
I gave it a go and queued for some sushi… I queued for close to 1 hour to get myself a seat at the sushi bar counter. The waitress was telling me that in future if i'm dining alone, i could just go up to them to ask if there's a seat before queuing up...



The waiter there took my order was quite nice and friendly. He asked if I would like to try something new that is not in the menu. If the waiter doesn't inform you, do ask him/her.

Tonight's special was Monkfish Liver, Ankimo
It tasted quite similar to Foie Gras. It comes in a plate of 3pcs.
Very affordable price, fresh and authentic (tasted exactly the same as the one I tried in Tokyo)!


Ankimo (S$14.90)
Unlike the usual thin slices of fish, the sashimi here are sliced thicker.
The fish served is fresh and chewy. I think they are much nicer than the ones I tried in Tsukiji Fish Market. 
3-Kind (S$14.90)
Lastly, the highly recommended Salmon Aburi Roll by many blog reviews.
I was googling for blog reviews on this shop when I was queuing.
The fish is tender that it kind of melts in your mouth without much effort to chew.
Salmon Aburi Roll (S$14.50)
Note: They do reservations only for weekday till 7.30pm. And the most important thing, they only accept cash so do bring enough cash and enjoy cheap (no GST & service charge) and good food!

14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza
#03-89 Singapore 228213
Mon - Fri 12:30 - 15:00, 17:30 - 21:00
Sat 12:30 - 21:00

No comments:

Post a Comment